My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I need to replace the throttle cable on my 318 as the cable is bending right behind the dash mount. Most likely due to some moisture within the shield of the cable and froze while I was plowing. Tried straightening it but it just bent again.

Are there any tips, tricks or recommendations for replacement. Also, do you just have to pull real hard to get the red handle lever off. Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
39,210 Posts
Kudu63, yes you have to pull hard to get the red handle off. I warmed mine with a heat gun (don't get too close though) and it seemed to come off reasonably. 318 cable is pretty straight forward just follow the path of the one you pull.

·
Registered
859 Posts
no need to pull the handle off, u can get to it from behind the dash. you can take out the battery and the hood latch frame thing and get to it. 2 nuts and a bolt/nut combo and you can pull the throttle lever out. I actually just replaced mine today.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts