My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spark plug wires on my 318 are bad so I called the local dealer and they want $52 for the pair. Don't really care to pay that much for a 9" and 24" wire. Is there anywhere I could get a better deal or a way for me to make my own?

·
Registered
58 Posts
The wires are not listed there for the 318, I checked. I need a set too. Not badly, but they are original and the connectors are loose, and something chewed on the one a little. Can't have THAT now can we? :)

Hadn't gotten to check the dealer, but $50? That's more than the ones for the Bronco, and those are eight!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi,

I went to my local auto supply store and bought a Standard Ignition Wire Set part # 403W for $15.00. The set contains 4 solid copper core plug wires. Tha spark plug end is assembled and all you have to do is cut to length and assemble to coil. The 4 wires in the set are actually long enough to make two sets.

Hope this helps someone.

Bob421

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,157 Posts
I buy general ones from a auto parts stores and make my own on everything I have. Was cheaper and looks better when you are done.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Spark plug wires on my 318 are bad so I called the local dealer and they want $52 for the pair. Don't really care to pay that much for a 9" and 24" wire. Is there anywhere I could get a better deal or a way for me to make my own?
I just these wires right from Onan, they are actually 9" and 18". Only paid 15.00 for both.

Greg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know the spark plug number on a Onan 318 ride on lawnmower if you do can you please let me know that would be great thank you.

·
Kish JD 318/420/430
4,213 Posts
From the owners manual: John Deere P/N AM101127 or NGK BPR5EFS
Motorcraft AGRF32
Champion RS14YC
or anything that crosses over to those.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts