My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the 318 take the same quick hitch as a 455?

Is a carburator rebuild on a 318 a big deal?
Are carb parts available or will I need a whloe new Carb?
Thanks

·
Three of my friends
9,344 Posts
Don't think the hitch will fit and most time all the carb needs is cleaning and don't take it off the manifold,make certain the idle jet is clean and a hole all the way through it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Not sure on the hitch, but depending on skills, and condition of carb rebuilding em isnt to bad in my opinion. As far as the parts go im pretty sure they are still avalible, but others will know for sure. Good luck

·
Registered
859 Posts
carb rebuilding isn't bad. but it is expensive. check out onanparts.com for parts. almost as cheap to go with a whole new carb...

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,157 Posts
Front quick hitch is completely different.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just rebuilt one this week,no big deal.Depending on what engine you have john deere no longer can get parts, I had to deal with onan and cummins direct.Also depending on your engine the carb may be cheap,a new carb for mine was $150 parts were $70.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Some important Things to remember.Only on rare exceptions do carbs actully wear out;;;;;;; The little oraficuses get plugged with gum/dirt/and varnish.. I say Vary carefully . becarefull when you lift the top off the carb. the needle will want to do funny things. I cover the top of the engine with old towels; I tryed nice new ones. They after my hospital stay I perfer old ones; A then I dab/paper towels the gas out of the bowels then take the air hose and Blow it out dry. . in the top remove the float clean the needle jet and the jet needle . Blow. it dry. DO NOT USE TIP CLEANERS OR SEWING NEEDLES;; Install a new fuel filter and you are go to go.. I am much against pouring any cleaner/crap into the carb. as that makes it go trough the engine.. And that's a NO NO >>..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts