My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the 4 threaded holes are for on the pto pulley? I have a project I am thinking about that can use a smaller pto pulley to power it. Or is there a smaller diameter pulley that could be bolted on in place of the 7 inch one?

·
Registered
859 Posts
got a picture? having a hard time remembering what the front of the pto looks like.

·
Three of my friends
9,344 Posts
They are for pulling the pto off,some time's they are a little stubborn,the one in the picture looks like it is a B48 G model and it was used in the 420 which has a double pulley.I never have seen a shroud over the pto like that the one in the picture? Never mind that must be Kohler in a 317?

·
Premium Member
5,413 Posts
I believe my neighbor's snowblower is driven off a pulley that mounts to those holes but I never really studied it up close. He has a later 47 style blower with the quick hitch. JDparts shows it if you look up 318 attachments and 47 blower. :fing32:

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Ok, thank you, I couldnt find it before, I wasnt looking in the 47 blower section.

I was looking for a way to reduce the belt speed being sent to a different brand blower I am working on here. but have decided to go another route, which if it doesnt work out I will look more into this setup. Thanks.

Edit: Then again 165 bucks plus tax for just the pulley? Wow, I guess I'll be making my own if I do need one.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts