My Tractor Forum banner

318 PTO question

1709 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  blown67
Does anyone know what the 4 threaded holes are for on the pto pulley? I have a project I am thinking about that can use a smaller pto pulley to power it. Or is there a smaller diameter pulley that could be bolted on in place of the 7 inch one?
Does anyone know what the 4 threaded holes are for on the pto pulley? I have a project I am thinking about that can use a smaller pto pulley to power it. Or is there a smaller diameter pulley that could be bolted on in place of the 7 inch one?
See more
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
got a picture? having a hard time remembering what the front of the pto looks like.
got a picture? having a hard time remembering what the front of the pto looks like.
See more

Found this in another thread here, my pulley is the same, but the center bolt is almost flush with the face of the pulley.
See less
Found this in another thread here, my pulley is the same, but the center bolt is almost flush with the face of the pulley.
See more
Maybe for putting a puller on it?

That pulley- looks to be a 316K or 317- looks much different than the one on my 316.
Maybe for putting a puller on it?

That pulley- looks to be a 316K or 317- looks much different than the one on my 316.
See more
They are for pulling the pto off,some time's they are a little stubborn,the one in the picture looks like it is a B48 G model and it was used in the 420 which has a double pulley.I never have seen a shroud over the pto like that the one in the picture? Never mind that must be Kohler in a 317?
They are for pulling the pto off,some time's they are a little stubborn,the one in the picture looks like it is a B48 G model and it was used in the 420 which has a double pulley.I never have seen a shroud over the pto like that the one in the picture? Never mind that must be Kohler in a 317?
See more
I believe an extra pulley mounts on there for the front PTO. I'm not a 300 series expert by any means so it's a little fuzzy.
I believe an extra pulley mounts on there for the front PTO. I'm not a 300 series expert by any means so it's a little fuzzy.
See more
I believe my neighbor's snowblower is driven off a pulley that mounts to those holes but I never really studied it up close. He has a later 47 style blower with the quick hitch. JDparts shows it if you look up 318 attachments and 47 blower. :fing32:
I believe my neighbor's snowblower is driven off a pulley that mounts to those holes but I never really studied it up close. He has a later 47 style blower with the quick hitch. JDparts shows it if you look up 318 attachments and 47 blower. :fing32:
See more
Ok, thank you, I couldnt find it before, I wasnt looking in the 47 blower section.

I was looking for a way to reduce the belt speed being sent to a different brand blower I am working on here. but have decided to go another route, which if it doesnt work out I will look more into this setup. Thanks.

Edit: Then again 165 bucks plus tax for just the pulley? Wow, I guess I'll be making my own if I do need one.....
See less
Ok, thank you, I couldnt find it before, I wasnt looking in the 47 blower section.

I was looking for a way to reduce the belt speed being sent to a different brand blower I am working on here. but have decided to go another route, which if it doesnt work out I will look more into this setup. Thanks.

Edit: Then again 165 bucks plus tax for just the...
See more
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.