My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
My Orange Jane Deere
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I finale came across a 318. He thinks it threw a rod. said it turns over ? ?
anyway everything work fine but the engine. It has a 54" deck. $500.00 is what he wants. So what do you guys think.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I say JUMP ON IT...........i saw that one today and thought about it but I am working on a deal for a 322 right now'

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
orange
is it a P218 or B43G both rated at 18 h.p.?
it sure looks good.
if it were mine i would repair it.
good luck boomer (the used onan engine parts guy)

·
10,839 Posts
I think that's a 50" deck with a bad paint job, or a severe case of resting on the north side of the shed for awhile.

Overpriced, unless he rattle-bombs the chair,..... I mean seat.

Does the dog poo on the tire come with, or is that Red Georgia Clay? I'll take the clay if you get it.

·
Super Moderator
33,701 Posts
Ok pull the plugs and then turn the engine over, see if you have any compression. If not I'd try to talk him down a little (but I'd still take it for $500). Many times a coil will go bad and that is all that's wrong. I could part that out for well over $500!

·
My Orange Jane Deere
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I called him back to see if he still had it, and he said a guy was coming as we talked, so I told him if he did not take it I would. But I am still in New York so I have to get home first. And I do not want to part it out. I want a 318 to keep and use. But I am sure I can kiss this one good by. :crybaby::banghead3

·
Registered
11 Posts
If this thing was not 1200 miles from where I live, I would own it for $500. I have a 300 hour Linimar 20HP engine that will bolt right in. You can put a Briggs repower 23 horse in this thing and have a tractor that will run another 20 years.

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,432 Posts
I think most people would be all over a 318 for $500, even with a bum engine. Don't worry, you'll find one!!!

·
Super Moderator
33,701 Posts
Orange J.D. I always look at a purchase as a "what's the worst that can happen" arrangement. I normally try to make sure if it's not a running tractor that whatever price I pay I know I can get it back parting it. If I can then I'll probably buy it and see what happens.

·
10K and Climbin!
12,353 Posts
Orange J.D. I always look at a purchase as a "what's the worst that can happen" arrangement. I normally try to make sure if it's not a running tractor that whatever price I pay I know I can get it back parting it. If I can then I'll probably buy it and see what happens.

Did you take a little trip PA318??:Stop::lalala:

·
Super Moderator
33,701 Posts
Did you take a little trip PA318??:Stop::lalala:

I was just explaining my "rationale" for purchasing non-running tractors to orange J.D.. Not going after that one! That's just a little to far away to go chasing it.

·
My Orange Jane Deere
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I got back to good ol Georgia and called the guy and he said the guy that came last night took it. He said the guy had about 8 John Deere's but did not have a 318. So there you got it, one of them John Deere hogs got it. :sidelaugh

Oh my day will come. :crybaby:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts