My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my grandpa bought a 1996 318 john deere it came with the front blade. I was just wondering what the blade would be worth if I decided to sell it. The blade was stored in the barn and was never used by the previous owner and my grandparents never used it. it is brand new. How much do you think it would sell for?
-Brian

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
If it is a hydraulic angling blade and in new condition, you would be a few bricks short of a load to accept less than $550-$600 for it.

Well used ones go for $450.

Would you take a Bichon Frise pup in trade?

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it is a hydraulic angling blade and in new condition, you would be a few bricks short of a load to accept less than $550-$600 for it.

Well used ones go for $450.

Would you take a Bichon Frise pup in trade?
I hate to sound dumb but what is that? Bichon Frise pup. is it a dog???

·
Registered
948 Posts
I would concur with that assessment. However, if it does not have the hydraulic angling kit, knock between $100 - $150 off. Of course, they are worth more come Fall. Right now, unless someone is looking, prices are not as high as they will be come Fall.

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
They're kinda like a dog, but smaller.

My son has bad asthma, so I had to downsize from Deutscher Shaeferhunds to these little guys.

Cute chick dogs, but don't have the sense my shepherds had in their left front dew claw.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
When my grandpa bought a 1996 318 john deere it came with the front blade. I was just wondering what the blade would be worth if I decided to sell it. The blade was stored in the barn and was never used by the previous owner and my grandparents never used it. it is brand new. How much do you think it would sell for?
-Brian
I have been watching for a bargain on one and there is no such thing these blades are worth a fortune.

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
My neighbor said he paid over $600 new for his back in 1986. That was a good deal of money way back when.

·
Super Duper Member
1,471 Posts
I see used blades for sale right around $500. Most people won't pay more to get something that is 'new', or restored in this area of the woods.

·
Citizen of Earth
15,291 Posts
I bought mine new in 1979 or 1980 and paid over $400 for it with the angling cylinder. I've looked at some plows on the front of pickup trucks that aren't as heavy duty as these 54" blades. I'd say yours is worth about $500. Check the hoses on the cylinders for cracks or mouse damage. Check the exposed part of any cylinder rods for rust as well as this would hurt the price some.

·
Super Moderator
16,351 Posts
I paid $550 for a 54inch Deere angle Blade off a 317 two year ago which I use on My 140H3

·
THE TRACTOR HUNTER
2,225 Posts
I just paid $475 for a 4-way 54" blade for my 318. It is used, but in very mint condition. I just can't figure out how to use the angle part since our tractors only have two levers, one of which controls the 50" mower deck.

How have others set this up to be able to use all 4-ways on the blade.

·
Citizen of Earth
15,291 Posts
I just paid $475 for a 4-way 54" blade for my 318. It is used, but in very mint condition. I just can't figure out how to use the angle part since our tractors only have two levers, one of which controls the 50" mower deck.

How have others set this up to be able to use all 4-ways on the blade.
The lever that controls the mower deck also controls one pair of couplings up front. One of your levers if pushed forward enough will go past a detent and stay, That is the one that controls up and down, the detent allows a float in the blade. the other lever is left & right angling.

·
THE TRACTOR HUNTER
2,225 Posts
OK, that sounds good, but what do you do with the mower deck? Is it easier to just remove it when you want to use the blade?

D-Dogg told me you can raise the deck and then tighten a screw or adjustment somehow to lock the deck in place. I don't know if this allows you to utilize all 4 directions of the blade or not.?

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Glockem,
The deck height adjustment screw will lock the mower in the fully up position, however the rockshaft cylinder will continue to cycle.

Since you adjust the power angle less frequently than you adjust height of the blade, plug the lift cylinder into the front ports controlled by the inside lever, and the power angle into the ports controlled by the outside lever. The will be a little lag on angle as you are operating two cyclinders at once, but this is a cheaper compromise than going to an H3 upgrade.

·
Citizen of Earth
15,291 Posts
Glockem,
The deck height adjustment screw will lock the mower in the fully up position, however the rockshaft cylinder will continue to cycle.

Since you adjust the power angle less frequently than you adjust height of the blade, plug the lift cylinder into the front ports controlled by the inside lever, and the power angle into the ports controlled by the outside lever. The will be a little lag on angle as you are operating two cyclinders at once, but this is a cheaper compromise than going to an H3 upgrade.
:ditto:

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'll take the Bishon if you're just looking for a good home for it. Have one already, but my main man died last year, so she needs a pal again. I have athsma too. If I had to buy another dog though, I'll be getting a poodle, much more smarts and interactive. Bichon's don't even chase a ball, at least not mine.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts