My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I have had my 318 B43G engine out for over two years to repair a pump and deal with medical issues.
Now its time to rebuild and I forgot how the wiring goes.
I plugged the 3 plug harness together. Forgot where to plug in the yellow wire, from harness, blue wire, from harness and the blue wire coming from the front PTO.
Also no sure which holes to connect the choke and throttle cables. Can't really find a good pic to use for reference.
Any help will be much appriciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Attachments

·
Kish JD 318/420/430
4,451 Posts
Blue wire is for the front PTO, there is an extension piece of wire that slides into the connector and the the plug that mates to the PTO connector. Photo from PA318 provided.

Choke cable goes directly to the carb and the upper butterfly plate. See your number photo: 20210407_163650-jpg.

Throttle cable goes to linkages, there should be a clamp further back to the left in your pic: 20210407_163740.jpg, it goes to the only hole, furthest out side one.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Blue wire is for the front PTO, there is an extension piece of wire that slides into the connector and the the plug that mates to the PTO connector. Photo from PA318 provided.

Choke cable goes directly to the carb and the upper butterfly plate. See your number photo: 20210407_163650-jpg.

Throttle cable goes to linkages, there should be a clamp further back to the left in your pic: 20210407_163740.jpg, it goes to the only hole, furthest out side one.
thank you

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
318 B43G throttle linkage question
While hooking up carb cables, noticed large spring on throttle linkage.
There are 3-4 holes in linkage plates on both sides of spring. What is standard set up for that spring, and what would happen using other holes?
thanks

·
Kish JD 318/420/430
4,451 Posts
The holes set the governor response for different rpms (max rpm for the Onans is 3600, top end is set at 3450). That way you will hear a grunt went dropping a heavy load (mowing tall grass, or pushing/blowing heavy snow, etc).

The spring help keep the tension correct against the holes as the wear from movement over time (the holes enlarge)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts