My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had two 318's and the light would come on occassionally when mowing. If you turn the PTO off the light goes out.

Could this be a weak battery? The charging voltage is OK. Doesn't seem like the load of the PTO would out run the alternator.

Any ideas?

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
The alternator's output at WOT is sufficient to keep the battery charged and operate the PTO.

Your trouble is poor electrical connections. Clean them all, especially grounds.

·
JoaT,MoN
379 Posts
I have the same problem on my GT235. At WOT, turning the healights on will bring the charge light on. At mid throttle, engaging PTO will do it, then it will gradually fade out.

My battery is brand spanking new, and I've cleaned all connectors save one that really needs it. Depending on the outcome of that, my regulator is suspect due to the condition I received the tractor in.

·
Super Moderator
36,667 Posts
Could be a bad regulator too! I had to replace the one on my 318 right after I got it, didn't have a problem until the day the battery died!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts