My Tractor Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
The fitting I'm hooking the OPG to should be 1/8" NPT, the adapter is one size larger at the line then at the oil filter mount. Luckily, the fitting is only JIC at the line, so by putting the Tee in the oil filter adapter itself allows for using a normal Tee. Looking at hydraulic hose, it's mega expensive, so I'm wondering if I could just take some normal oil-proof hose and use it? It's going to see probably at max 50 PSI, and it's going to be ziptied to the side of the dash.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #42

·
Father Deerest
2,696 Posts
What happens when you get it running and it has 5 PSI oil pressure, enough to damage the engine but not enough to trigger the oil sentry?
Since the engine is out remove the spark plugs and jump the solenoid. Find a gauge to jerry rig on the engine and tell you what the pressure is at the starter RPM's.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I thought you wanted a 0-60 pound gauge so it's not reading in the first 1/4 of it's range all the time?
That's about it. Trying to find a 2" 60 PSI gauge is impossible, pretty much every thing that would need it, mainly bikes, have 1.5" holes.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts