·
Buy High, Sell Low
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the specs that I can find:
JD 314
Model: C314H098704M
Motor: K321AQS 9556931 Kohler

Would love to learn all I can about this? Not sure if it's worth sinking a few hundred bucks into to get it up to snuff. I thought all the 300 series tractors came with a minimum of single spool hydraulics? I can't seem to find it on this thing? Should I clean it up, paint it, and sink some much needed dough into the deck? Or is it a waste of time/money?

Sorry I don't have any pics yet....TFYH

·
Buy High, Sell Low
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$70 acquisition at an auction...so can't beat that. Minimal work was required to get it up and running, everything seems to work. The deck is a bit mangled and will need a bit of work.
From what I've found it looks like the model/serial would indicate that it is a 1979 year?

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Nope, not worth putting a nickel into. I'll take it off your hands, sight unseen for $150.

Seriously, I suspect the deck is going to be mostly labor. Since you have other tractors, must this one mow? Couldn't it have other uses?

·
Buy High, Sell Low
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is sort of the intent....however, I'm in smack dab in the middle of green & gold country (big JD plant right up the street 3 miles away). People around here hold on tight to their implements/attachments, and when they do get ready to sell them....well they ask an arm, leg, and sometimes your first born.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts