My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a JD 314 at the scrap yard today. It is near complete but the sheet metal and hood are severely damaged from being shoved around by a BobCat. Is there anything of real value on this as I am a novice that just mows with a JD 212. I am gonna grab the tires as mine are dry rotted. If there is something else of real value I could pull it aside for awhile. Not sure if I am in the right area so please pass the word around. Regards,

·
Diesels are awesome!
4,449 Posts
Unless the frame is bent or the engine is seized, it is most likely salvageable. I would check a few simple things, like oil cleanliness and level.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No more tractors allowed in the garage. I don't know a lot about the 314 so I wanted to make sure that we are not letting some valuable part go to the crusher. I am grabbing the wheels/tires tomorrow, Is there any one part that would be valuable to grab as well? No grill, hood and sheet metal is bent pretty bad.

·
Registered
162 Posts
If the hydraulic quick couplers are in decent shape they are worth the few minutes it would take to get them off. The only other thing I'd consider myself would be the motor depending on condition and type.

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input, I pulled the engine and back tires. Are the QDs at the front where you might attach a blade etc? Maybe I will go back and get them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts