My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Penn State Puller!
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've continued my quest for a new mower, hopefully one that will replace my LA150. Someone directed me to a craigslist listing about 15 minutes down the road from my house. It's a 1981 314 with a "new" shortblock (I would assume Kohler?) motor in it, repainted, 46" deck, and 317 taillights. New battery and belts. It's $750 too, which is pretty awesome. I like the 314's, as they're about as close as I can get if I don't buy a 318 at some point. I may consider trading in my LA150, hopefully I can get over $750 for it. I'd like to act as soon as possible before another thing breaks on it, most likely going to be the transaxle. Any 314 owners out there? Are these nice tractors? My grandfather will be happy I bought something with a shaft drive and a Kohler, not a Kawasaki, and I like this tractor, so I think it may be a deal.

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/grd/3734097188.html

·
Premium Member
6,759 Posts
Go for it, I think the 14 horse kohler was the best one lunger.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Appears to be the larger 50inch deck as well. You would really like that because of the better cut quality. I think it is a good deal!

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I hope your the one who got it because the add is gone.

A 314 is a 140 h1 with different sheetmetal and a bigger gas tank. What could be wrong with that ? Lots of room for future mods.

·
Registered
134 Posts
i love my old 314, its a work horse. Solid tractors without alot of frills. It works, works well and does what i ask of it. 1000 lbs on a trailer, no worries, tiller duty, no worries, pushes piles of snow with a blade no worries, oh and it will mow if you put a deck on it. I dont on mine, but thats because my lot is 90x140 with a house, garden, trees, a fire pit, and a fence. I tried it once, but the turning and backing was more work than it was worth. Plus I have teenage sons and a toro walk behind.

·
Penn State Puller!
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your help guys. I talked to the seller who said he was going to have a guy come and look at it, and now it looks like its gone...oh well, it was fun to look at...*goes back to search results*

Sent from the MTF Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts