My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a John Deere 312 garden tractor for sale. The tractor is in very good shape and working order. The it was repainted last year with new decals. The engine was not rebuilt but runs excellent. The mower deck is quiet and the hydro works good. The front tires do not match but no biggy. The seller is asking $800.00 for it does that seem good? I would like to post pictures but they have them locked.

·
Super Moderator
16,335 Posts
$800.00 sounds pretty fair for for a mid 70's JD. I paid $1,000 for a 1974 140H3 on ebay a few years back

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sergeant. I talked to the guy more last night and he also has a 54inch hydraulic blade for it that I can have for $250.00. I am going to look at it today. Is it true that you can add additional hydraulics to it?

·
Citizen of Earth
15,291 Posts
Yes, you can add additional hydraulic circuits, cost a few buck and there is a fair amount of work involved. The only common attachment that would benefit is the front blad if it has power angling. I personally would look for the kit that allows angling a manual plow from the seat, around $100 +/-

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Bontai Joe. I went today to look at it and I brought it home. I traded the guy my power king for it. I always wanted a john deere garden tractor. The blade can home also it needs new hoses and repainted. When I can get a chance I will get some pictures. Does anyone have a sleeve hitch that I could get the dimensions off of to make one If you guys don't mind taking measuring if for me?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts