My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
4K Poster!!!!
5,068 Posts
Excellent Ron! After looking at your IH I have discovered that my 7022 trailing shield springs are installed backwards.

Just a little tid bit that I learned about the front height adjusters on these style decks, thanks to you Ron, that I would like to get out to everyone. If you are wanting to take these adjusters apart to clean and paint, you can drill the rivet bucktail end off and take apart and reinstall with the same shoulder bolt and nut setup that the rear adjusters used to secure the bracket to the handle brackets. The IPC only shows the rear bracket setup using the shoulder bolt, but that shoulder bolt is a perfect match for the front also. I really like how Lawnboy had a backup plan just in case someone wears out the factory original rivets, or if parts within the adjuster needs to be replaced.

·
nothing of interest
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent Ron! After looking at your IH I have discovered that my 7022 trailing shield springs are installed backwards.

Just a little tid bit that I learned about the front height adjusters on these style decks, thanks to you Ron, that I would like to get out to everyone. If you are wanting to take these adjusters apart to clean and paint, you can drill the rivet bucktail end off and take apart and reinstall with the same shoulder bolt and nut setup that the rear adjusters used to secure the bracket to the handle brackets. The IPC only shows the rear bracket setup using the shoulder bolt, but that shoulder bolt is a perfect match for the front also. I really like how Lawnboy had a backup plan just in case someone wears out the factory original rivets, or if parts within the adjuster needs to be replaced.
The height adjuster shoulder bolts were not Lawn Boys idea for the front adjusters. I'm just glad they fit for you. The rear adjuster was Lawn Boy, check any parts list and you will see the bolt called out, however, they never told you if you changed handle brackets,,, you had to buy the bolt.
Also on the front adjusters, plastic paint helps on the knob end.
As for the trailing shield springs on th IH,,, well I just guess at it,,LOL
You might want to look at a parts book and make sure !

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
everything looks good,
i meant to ask ron, did you see many buccaneer outboards while you worked at gale?

·
nothing of interest
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
everything looks good,
i meant to ask ron, did you see many buccaneer outboards while you worked at gale?
No, the outboard line left right before the mower line came. That was 1963, I hired on in 1966.
Guess when the outboards were there, you could ''check one out'' for the week end if you wanted too. Not a new one, just the ones that were back in engineering for sample parts.
No such program with the lawn mowers tho.

·
nothing of interest
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No one mentioned the Mustang in Ron's pics. Nice car, Ron!
Oh, I forgot that was there, I used another web page as a 'pattern' for the other two.
Thanks, it's an 07 California Special, only about 8500 of em produced in 07'.
Someone else did mention it.
There are a couple of others here, under gallery heading:
http://abaldguy.home.mchsi.com/

·
nothing of interest
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You do great work!!

Do you use the mowers now that they are restored?
I will never fire them, too special to me the way they are, but they got spark and compression, just add fuel.
I have lots of others to mow with, just finished sweatin thru a T shirt with the 7268,,, it ran out of fuel,, so did I,,

·
nothing of interest
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So Ron, Which is the next mower your going to restore?
Hum, may be a Buttercup made in 1967 or the 1956, but dove season starts in 10 days, so it may be awhile.
Oh, ran into an old neighbor, I gave him a loafer 24 inch deck with handle brackets once, he wants it to run again, but he had an old D engine commercial, he don't want the rest of his ''boys'', just the 24 incher.
So, hard to say what I will do, but I do enjoy the challange.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I will never fire them, too special to me the way they are, but they got spark and compression, just add fuel.
I have lots of others to mow with, just finished sweatin thru a T shirt with the 7268,,, it ran out of fuel,, so did I,,
I did the same thing, but with a 6255. Heh!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts