My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
5K Poster!!!!
5,127 Posts
Looks awesome Ron!! Nice Stang too, the wife is trying to talk me into one, but I have a 2008 Tacoma that I am kind of fond of.

·
nothing of interest
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where did you get the NOS wheels for the IH?
FordTech was kind enough to donate the front ones and my friend Pete had the back ones.
Can't thank them enough for those.
The 3053 had to get new steel hubbed painted wheels, the originals were just too far gone.

·
nothing of interest
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks awesome Ron!! Nice Stang too, the wife is trying to talk me into one, but I have a 2008 Tacoma that I am kind of fond of.
My Ford dealer wants me to trade it in, ya right!
Ford only made a little over 8,000 of that model in 2007.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Man, those are some gorgeous machines. You must be seriously proud of them. I know I would be. I just shipped my 3053 out to its new owner today. I better get cracking on its 3054 brother so I still have a really pretty tan brick in the fleet! Powdercoated parts are done, new wheels and decals are ready. Just gotta finish cleaning the engine and muffler/deck plate so I can reassemble. I'm looking forward to it!

·
Chris Schick
173 Posts
excellent job Ron, I especially like the IH but both mowers show your commitment to the restoration. They both will enjoy their retirement.

·
Lawn Mower Fan
681 Posts
:thThumbsU

VERY nice!

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,787 Posts
Just think, only months ago those mowers were doomed forever. You made them come back to life to be enjoyed by all who see them. Sure a few people helped you gather components but it took your enthusiasm, hard work and dedication to perfection to bring them out of the dump and into the light again. Now you have them bringing you pride of great accomplishment.

·
Lawnboy fixer & user
530 Posts
Those two machines are gorgeous! Glad to see you have them on some type of display for friends, neighbors, unwanted guests, ect to view them. And thanks for showing them to us in all stages of restore. You and all that contributed have a right to be proud!

And speaking of showing off our machines-

Are there any old machinery (tractor, old engine) shows in the midwest where you might want to let strangers gawk at them and watch contest judges scratch their heads in wonder? Just curious, because the few old machinery shows I've seen didn't have any push mowers entered. But that day may come soon.

·
nothing of interest
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Those two machines are gorgeous! Glad to see you have them on some type of display for friends, neighbors, unwanted guests, ect to view them. And thanks for showing them to us in all stages of restore. You and all that contributed have a right to be proud!

And speaking of showing off our machines-

Are there any old machinery (tractor, old engine) shows in the midwest where you might want to let strangers gawk at them and watch contest judges scratch their heads in wonder? Just curious, because the few old machinery shows I've seen didn't have any push mowers entered. But that day may come soon.
Al, I don't know of any around here, but while I was on vacation in N.C. last June, a friend called. Said he was in Indiana at a tractor show and spotted another IH. He's an IH tractor buff. He said it was $50 and he would pick it up the next day. He went back, kid wasn't there, Grampa said $75. He got him to $60, but was too stuburn to buy it then.
Wonder what he's going to say when he sees mine done ???

·
nothing of interest
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just think, only months ago those mowers were doomed forever. You made them come back to life to be enjoyed by all who see them. Sure a few people helped you gather components but it took your enthusiasm, hard work and dedication to perfection to bring them out of the dump and into the light again. Now you have them bringing you pride of great accomplishment.
If I hadn't gone looking for Lawn Boy info, I never would have found MTF and they would still be right there,,, in the dump.
But thanks to everybody on the forums, they are not there any longer.
I always had it in the back of my mind to do the 18 inch,,, but it has been in the back of my mind for 40 years , geeze.
YOU guys do beautiful work, guess that's what got me going.
Thank you all,, again.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
awesome job! high five!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
VERY, VERY nice. Those are treasures.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts