My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody! New here and lookin for some help.
I just purchased a 2014 3038e with 115 hours. All seemed well when I checked the tractor out. Didnt get on it for a week and now it seems like the brakes are hung up. I tried to set the emergency brake and then it was worse. Tractor wouldnt move. Depressed brake pedal number of times and it released enough to move the tractor. The metal rod that goes into the transfer case (?) doesnt want to travel more than an 1/8th of an inch. I tried some PB Blaster to no avail. I know that the first half of brake pedal travel engages locking differential but it wont move hardly at all. HELP!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Try disconnecting the rod from the brake pedal to see if the pedal is free. If pedal moves freely with rod unhooked , then disconnect the link from the park brake. See if the lever going into the transaxle will then move. Most likely that shaft going into the transaxle is sticking from lack of use. 100 hours of use in 5 years isn;t much, and with a hydrostatic transmission the brakes aren't used that much. Keep spraying with pb blaster while moving lever as far as you can. also try tapping in on shaft with a hammer and then rotating, then pry out on lever while rotating. shaft should move in and out about 1/8" and the in and out movement helps to work the lube in better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts