My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
put new batteries in my 3020 ( 2 six volt ) my fuel guage was working fine ( its new ) negative ground / after I put my new batts. in the fuel guage just pegs to full when I turn the key on / stays pegged on full all the time no matter the fuel level in tank / what did I do wrong
any help greatly appreciated
steve ruppert

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Can't think of anything related to battery installation unless batteries were installed reverse polarity which I doubt happened? More likely a problem with fuel sender or wire to the sender. I would disconnect the sender wire and touch it to ground with key on to see if gauge goes to empty. If it does, then there is a problem with the sending unit. If it stays all the way full, then test the wire from gauge to sender to be sure there is continuity. If wire is good, then gauge must be bad.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't think of anything related to battery installation unless batteries were installed reverse polarity which I doubt happened? More likely a problem with fuel sender or wire to the sender. I would disconnect the sender wire and touch it to ground with key on to see if gauge goes to empty. If it does, then there is a problem with the sending unit. If it stays all the way full, then test the wire from gauge to sender to be sure there is continuity. If wire is good, then gauge must be bad.
thanks jd110 / will try your method

1 - 5 of 5 Posts