My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a old 302 complete motor that has been sitting in my old barn for about 4 or 5 years, it ran when I put it down their, and I had to get it off the engine stand. What would be a good asking price for a as is or parts 302 it was fuel injected out of a lincoln, but I put a carb on it for an old truck.

·
20,000 +posts!
20,939 Posts
A junkyard gets a dollar a cubic inch for older v8's if they run good usually--should be able to get 200-300 bucks for it without much trouble I would think...provided it hasn't gone to seed sitting that long of course...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oK thanks, I put 250 obo I know it had a new crank and pistons in it when I put it out their it should be a pretty good engine, I would take it apart and hone it and lube it up first. It is just been wasting away for years now and my grandpa needed my engine stand and I got rid of all my old trucks so I don't have any thing to put it in so i should at least try to get something for it before it completly wastes away.

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
Which Lincoln is it out of? If it is out of an LSC then it is probably the same engine as in that years Mustang GT which would probably make it a roller cam version.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I would definitely check the cylinders for rust before selling it. You should be able to tell by just spinning it over by hand should tell you if there is or not. It will be rough and catchy if there's any rust.

300 sounds very reasonable for a roller motor. Checked the prices on a new roller cam and lifter set lately?

·
Certified Technician
8,594 Posts
My cousin sold an incomplete 302 out of a mustang GT, internals were worn, for 400, in about a day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.