My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an old tractor at work. It's an 1982 John Deere 301A. It's got so many hours on it the infinity simple is up. But recently it's been groaning a lot when I turn right. I found the book amazingly, and it mentions nothing about power steering. We've looked it over and haven't found anything useful. Today when I was mowing, it started doing it whn I turned left too. I want to nip this porblem in the bud before we have to call in some prefessionals who like to tell us to trade it in. Sorry, not going to happen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to take it easy on her but I've got weeks worth of mowing to catch up on.

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Good luck with it, hopefully someone will be along to help with some advice, I know nothing of them, had to look up the JD 301A just to see what it looked like :).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's close to my tractor. No front loader but it's got a rollbar/roof and a sickle bar. Still a good tractor though.

Feels like I've been using a lot of outdated equipment. I mow yards with an old JD lawn tractor and I sometimesrun the JD backhoe from 1971.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts