My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! New to this forum and new to the ingersoll mower. I recently picked up this 3014. Couldn't beat the price.... free. Wasn't running at the time. Just needed a fuel pump. Fixed it put a new belt on and started mowing. After a couple hours it shreds the belt. I've been threw 2 belts now and can't seem to figure out what is wrong. Spring is in right place, tention on the belt, but it eats them. Don't think its to tight. Any ideas? Deck drive pulley?

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
check that all the pulleys spin easily, eyeball all the pulleys that they are all in-line (brackets holding them may get bent/twisted).

·
Super Moderator
30,906 Posts
We see idler pulleys many times that have bit the bullet and they will eat up belts when it happens. Normally associated with either high pitched squealling and/or extreme heat.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I agree, check pulley and bearings. What belts are you using? I know on the older ones like I have, the original belts are 9/16" wide I believe. Aftermarket will work for a while but don't last because they are usually too big or too small.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts