My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Question on the picture, does the arm farthest up front of the engine attach onto the lower part of the carb or upper? That would be the heavier linkage rod.

·
Ejl in Pa.
487 Posts
Question on the picture, does the arm farthest up front of the engine attach onto the lower part of the carb or upper? That would be the heavier linkage rod.
I'll assume you are talking about the arm with this S curve in it and that is your choke linkage and attaches to the top carb butterfly.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Yes that is the one and they have it attached to the bottom, i'll have to switch them around. So the top one is your choke and the bottom hookup on the carb is your throttle with the smaller linkage and spring attached? Also how do you get the linkage off? I tried to manipultae it and had no luck,,,, 😁

·
Ejl in Pa.
487 Posts
Yes that is the one and they have it attached to the bottom, i'll have to switch them around. So the top one is your choke and the bottom hookup on the carb is your throttle with the smaller linkage and spring attached? Also how do you get the linkage off? I tried to manipultae it and had no luck,,,, 😁
Correct. You need to manipulate it around the bends in the linkage without the carb mounted.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Stupid Me!! I did take the carb off and got them in the correct positions, purr's like a kitten! 😁 Thank You for all the info you posted, really guided me along! (y)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts