My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. New to forum and to JD. Recently purchased a used 2007 3203. Big upgrade from my Kubota B1700. I have many questions but will only start with a couple. First thing is after purchasing I learned how weak the 300 loaders lift capacity is. I have 14 acres of flat ground and use the tractor to grade our road, move dirt, gravel, wood chips and manure. The tractor currently struggles to lift and curl a load of wood chips.
Has anyone found a way to safely increase its capacity that is cost effective?
Also I am I need of doing a hydraulic filter and fluid change. I’m sure it’s been awhile since it’s been done and this will affect its performance. Fluid is a light green in color. My question is if the fluid is contaminated with something is there a way to flush the whole system or do I just drain and roll with it?

·
4,139 Posts
Hello 03Dodgeram...welcome to My Tractor Forum....I am going to move this to hydraulics forum...where you are more likely to get an answer...

·
21,705 Posts
Most hydraulic fluids are red or clear to slightly brown or bluish tinged. I suspect that your green fluid colouration is due to the presence of algae and that the filter may be plugged causing the sluggish loader operation.

A fluid and filter change is indicated and possibly an algaecide additive and flushing of the system may also be in order.

I suggest that you talk to a heavy equipment mechanic locally for more definitive suggestions on how to address the problem. It's not really something that I've had to deal with.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Tudor. I’ll be doing the hydraulic service in the coming days. I’ll post it there is a difference in performance.

·
4,139 Posts
In my business I have been able to use algae treatments from swimming pool supply companies to clean fuel oil and diesel fuel tanks with the problem...I am pretty sure that it would work on this also most auto supply places carry diesel treatments from a company called Power Service that I have used successfully in treating product in tanks with algae...it is not specifically intended for this use...but it would work ....good luck with it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts