My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a ride down the road the other day to pick up this classic deck. Guy promised me that it was an immaculate example that he had cared for as if it was one of his own children. Funny what people think their junk is worth.
Bush Hog.jpg

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This thing was clearly run for a long time like this. There’s nothing left of the bottom bearing and the seal is completely destroyed.
5235A47B-03E0-482C-9EC0-AF2CC64BDB7F.jpeg

·
Registered
453 Posts
Interesting skids. I just welded new skids on a commercial 40" deck, maybe I'll post some pics. Still needs paint though. I think I used lobster red on the deck before which is very orange

·
Registered
453 Posts
Interesting. I was thinking about painting the under side of mine with Chassis Saver, similar to POR. But a graphite coating over that? Hmmm

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is my ‘system’ for my cub decks. The graphite paint seems to reduce buildup. Probably not as necessary with this deck considering the planned use but hey, can’t hurt!

·
Premium Member
4,987 Posts
When I do the underside of decks, I cheap out. Clean as best I can, then spray layer after layer of whatever leftover rattle-can paint I have lying around. I don't care what color(s) it is, and getting a good layer on there seems to do reasonably well at preventing grass buildup. Plus it uses up the old paint :)

·
Premium Member
5,054 Posts
I've used graphite spray on decks (as well as a variety of oils), and they may help a bit when scraping the deck out, but not a lot (at least for me). I find getting the caked on stuff wet and letting it soak in a bit, then scraping it off makes the biggest difference. Or doing a field with a lot of tall grass/weeds, the moisture in the cut pieces gets everything wet, and I can scrape it all out at the end of the job easily...

1 - 20 of 64 Posts