My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Old Iron Connoisseur
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a week of Gravely. Always wanted to try a set of cross grass blades and since I was ordering up parts for the 816 from Richards, I went ahead and ordered up a set of new grass blades, cross washer, and a new nut while I was at it. Got a chance to put it in gear yesterday. Always wondered how well this setup would cut.... and as with everything Gravely; works well!

I couldn't believe the pull that it puts on the L. You better ease the clutches into gear!

And a few shots of the rebuilt 106 deck. New homemade side panels and new skids.

More Here

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Wow, nice place and nice cut. Looks like a lot to cut with just a 30" unless the distant stuff is your neighbor's.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
That is a nice cut. I have always threatened to get a set of grass blades too, just never did it.

I really like your side panels. A piece of plate and angles, can't get much simpler than that. :fing32:

On you second underdeck photo, is it just a camera trick, or is that one blade extremely close to the deck pan? It looks like it is almost touching. Is it or is it just the way the photo was taken?

·
Old Iron Connoisseur
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good eye on the blade and side panel. The grass blade is just a tad longer than the brush blades. Dad built the side panels before the grass blades arrived... and it is CLOSE! Maybe 1/8" Close enough that at the right RPM the blades did a little self clearance on the side panels. I have to do some touch up work with the 4.5" angel grinder this evening or tomorrow. Didn't hurt the blades.. just some light marks in the angle.

As for the amount of grass.... 2.6 acres I mow after the survey. What you see is a very small piece of it. I've been meaning to do another thread for people to post pictures of "Gravely Playgrounds" but haven't taken time to get my pictures yet. It is a solid 3 - 3.5 hrs on the 816S every week before trimming. Yard is mainly flat and I've really been looking for a gang reel setup for the L but can't find one under 10 hrs away nor do I have the funding for a good set right now. In time I will find a set......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts