My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found a Agric AL 55 tiller on craigslist and was wondering if anyone had any input on these? It looks like its either from Spain or the company is a Spanish company (Nameplate has Barcelona on it) The guy wants $800 for it and I have seen them go for $2500 new. He claims it runs good, but I am sure we all have heard that for used stuff. Looks like it has sat outside for a while as it is very dirty (sitting dirt, now working dirt) and has some minor moss/algea growth on it. The body looks in decent shape, but my main concern is the internals. I found a place that sells parts, but wow...some of the gears can go for upwards of $200 a piece. I have torn down and maintained power rakes before, so I know that the internals can get messed up and the equipment still works "fine" so that is what has me scared with this. I dont want to offend the guy with a lowball number, but also dont want to get screwed either.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
my rule of thumb on used pto stuff is if I can turn the pto shaft by hand and the business end rotates without any unusual noise or grinding, etc., then it's probably ok, aside from maybe needing fresh oil and seals. I can't say about the agric brand, never heard of it. But there are countless brands of equipment that I've never heard of and people have good service from.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts