My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to adapt a cat 0 three point to a Craftsman GT? When I look at the JD318 setup, it seems to me that you'd only need to add a small external pump and cylinder or even an electric actuator from the existing lower hitch plate to the upper lift arm below the top link. thanks for your thoughts.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
They did make a stock elec. cat 0 3 point for the older Sears Sububans and a elec sleeve hitch for the later Craftsman GT's. They used a electric actuator.

Sears cat 0 was smaller compaired to the name brand GT's of that time.

·
Registered
758 Posts
... when I look a the large equipment used on farm my FIL works at, very little true 3 point. Most everything, including 20' "bat wing" dual row cultivator, 8' Box blade.. is a standard, fixed pulling hitch (one point) with hydraulics to raise or lower a set of wheels (raise the wheels to engage the ground)
Their only commonly used 3 point attachment I can think of is a round bale speer (so the tractor with a FEL speer can transport 2 bales at the same time).

Wait, I did see one or 2 attachments that use the (2) lower 3 point mounts to help a shaft PTO attachment.

Anyhow, they say figuring the exact measurements for a proper 3 point is very difficult. I think it would be easier to use actuators to raise or lower wheels behind an attachment, and that's the large-scale farming way, anyhow (Althouhg I think a 3 point would be really cool..)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts