My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
I believe the rating is 400lbs, but I have had 700lbs of concrete block on mine. And I would swear my 48" tiller is every bit of 500lbs.

Don't worry, be happy.

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Now we're talking something entirely different. There is no way in heck the 318 will pull a 5 footer with the scarifiers down. Even with the 4 footer you will need a crazy amount of wheel weight for traction.

I'm looking for a deal on a 42" if I can find one. That would be as wide as the tractor.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have ag tires filled and 2 set of weights on each side it pull good if i keep the idle down but i will look for a 4 footer i found one near me for 250. i think that is good

thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks i will go look at it and is it bad to run at low idle to do jobs to not spin the tires

thanks

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
You never work the tractor at idle. Full throttle only. You use the hydro control lever to limit your ground speed and keep the tires from spinning.

You also want to learn to use the split brakes.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
at Full throttle it just want to spin even on the brakes i will have to play with it

thanks

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Since our engines our air cooled, they have to be at full throttle to pull enough air to properly cool the engine. I know it sounds weird but it will actually build more heat running it at low throttle

·
Super Moderator
16,690 Posts

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
I know it sounds weird
sounds logical to me especially on an air cooled motor but important on a LC also...

if moving, full throttle is also important to cool the hydro...

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
sounds logical to me especially on an air cooled motor but important on a LC also...

if moving, full throttle is also important to cool the hydro...

this hadnt crossed my mind but you are correct.

·
Registered
460 Posts
You never work the tractor at idle. Full throttle only. You use the hydro control lever to limit your ground speed and keep the tires from spinning.

You also want to learn to use the split brakes.
Drake is correct! When working the 318, always run at full engine speed and modulate your ground speed with the hydro. If there is some problem with the hydro which will not let you regulate the speed then you need to be finding out why. If you are slipping tires are you sure they are mounted the right direction. Do you have pictures of your setup you can post here?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts