My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the tractor world and have a few questions. I have a 1963 Ford 2000 gas 134ci.

The 3 point arms leak down in about 10 to 15 seconds while holding up a bush hog. With no implement they leak down in about 5 minutes. What is causing them to leak down? Is there anything I can do myself that can help? They raise and lower o.k. and it doesn't seem to leak fluids. Will this be an expensive repair?

Also what is the lever for under the seat that says Position control, draft control. Please excuse my ignorance : )

Also does anybody know if the quality of these replacement fenders is pretty good-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=300192088710

or if not who makes good ones, mine are in sad shape.
thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
The position/draft lever is.. -surprise-.. the lever that selects position control or draft control.

position control is for thing like mowers.. etc.. you set the height.. and it stays there. draft control is for ground engaging implements.. you set the amount of draft with 3pt lever.. and if more pullis encountered.. the lift comes up a bit. Lift dropping with machine off is indicative of a leak. usual leak is from mouth of cyl due to worn rings / piston / cyl bore.. stick in a telescoping mirror thru the hyds fill hole and look for squirts.

it's a pretty easy affair to pop the top cover off.. throw on a new gasket and new orings, and reseal the old piston..e tc.

soundguy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts