My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:thanku: Hello everyone,I'm a new member and am looking for some info on purchasing a used(preferably) or new complete 3 point hitch assembly for my 448 Ingersoll which I purchased new in 1989.The tractor has the big 16 inch tires on the back and am looking to use it for putting in food plots on some hunting land I own in northern Wisc.So my question is-will a J26/HH34 be the way to go or would the K24 sleeve hitch be ok.and does anyone have an idea where to look for these items used.I've been using Central Power Distributors out of minnesota for all my parts so far as that's the only distributor I know of.Thank you for any and all help.P.S this is the best tractor I've ever owned and has well outlived all my buddies other more popular brand name ones.[email protected]
448Hy-driver

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
...P.S this is the best tractor I've ever owned and has well outlived all my buddies other more popular brand name ones.
Thats not surprising you own one of the best out there.

As far as finding these hitchs used try ebay, they show up regularly, expect to pay about $400 to $500 for a three point and $125 to $175 or more for a sleeve hitch. Either one will do the job, the three point is cooler.

You may also need AG's on the back and weights up front.

BTW Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback and your right,it's a great tractor that's well maintained and other than some normal dirt from usage,it looks and runs as good as the day I bought it

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm in Milwaukee area, and also used Central Power Distributors out of Minn. too...small world!!! Ebay and craigslist are a good start, and on this forum there is also a member, username...bhildret...that can get and ship ANY new parts you need for your Ingy. Just send him a private message and go from there. Personally, I think a sleeve hitch would be more than sufficient for your needs. Case/Ingersoll after all, designed ALL the rear attatchments to fit sleeve hitches. Besides the extensive cost of a three point over a sleeve, you'd still need an adapter for the three point to use it with the attatchments. As stated previously, AG tires might be a good idea based upon what you'll be intending to do with the tractor. FYI, if you do get a used sleeve hitch, make sure it is COMPLETE with plate, linkage, and misc. hardware. Goodluck and welcome to the best place to discuss our wonderfull tractors!!! -Jon:trink40:

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Welcome to the forum, always great to hear from another appreciator of a good tractor! Pretty hard to top the Case/Ingersoll line of equipment!

I have a J26 on my 4018 PS and had one on my 448, before. I have a spare that I am willing to part with. It is complete with the tee fittings to connect it with your belly lift.

I will take $400 for it, plus shipping would be about $25.00.

If interested, drop me a private email at: [email protected]

·
Banned
1,529 Posts
I have a 3 point and a sleeve equiped tractor(s) and though the 3 point is definetly "cooler" IMHO it is better to go with the cheap sleeve hitch. If you go with the 3 point chances are you will be shopping for a sleeve hitch adapter in no time and that will add close to 200 to your cost. i.e 600-700 for a 3 point and adapter or 100-200 for a sleeve hitch.

Shop smart for which ever hitch you purchase as there are currently more toys out there then there are boys with cash.
:wwp: when you get it working in the bush,

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
For what it is worth, I am in no rush to sell my extra 3 point, but there is a good reason people pay $200 more for a 3 point. The flexibility is great, for one thing. The potential for independent lift is another.

Plus, they are VERY sexy!

As far as a "sleeve hitch adapters" is concerned, I have never paid over $100 for one, and they are easily constructed by anyone with a welder, for about $25 in parts and a little ingenuity.

Also, the sleeve hitch, plus NOT independent of the belly lift, has no side to side adjustment And has to be at least partially removed for some other implement use. A real PIA, in my opinion.

That said, many people are totally satisfied with them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts