My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Ex City Boy
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished my first welding project. Should be handy for moving the trailer around and for counter-weighting the FEL and snow blower.

Shown here on my Kubota BX1860. A few weight retention pins and other details not yet installed.

Sorry about the lousy picture quality - cell phone camera. Maybe it's best...you can't see my amateur welds.

S.

Attachments

·
JD Green all the way~!
1,312 Posts
That should do the job nicely.

Nice paint job too. :trink39:

~F~

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
It looks very nice from where I sit. slkpk

·
3K & Yet So Little to Say
3,341 Posts
Its better than I could do! Nice work.:fing32:

·
Ex City Boy
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Couple more pictures, without the weights.

S.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey, OneTrack - Really nice job. I am looking to build something similar for my Kubota B7510. A couple question: How much weight will it hold (I need about 400 lbs to offset my FEL and to keep center of gravity low). Are they 42 lb suitcase weights and where did you end up buying them. Love the receiver idea - could easily add an expanded metal cage to carry tools, chainsaw, etc. Love your design. Thanks in advance.

·
Ex City Boy
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bought the suitcase weights from www.LambandWebster.com They are approx 75 lb ea. I believe they are a JD weight, but I am not sure about that.

I put four weights on, but it would hold 6.

Let me know if you want drawings. I have some rudimentary ones available.

onetrack

Attachments

·
Kubota
2 Posts
Hello OneTrack,

Do you have your dimesions that you used handy? If so it would be awesome if you would share them with me. Would save me some time to know i have it right the first time.

Thanks

·
Passed Away, Sept. 2013
183 Posts
Very nice, OneTrack and I like the tooth bar on your bucket. Is that a hydraulic box on your ROP? Purpose?

Bryan

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
Hello OneTrack,

Do you have your dimesions that you used handy? If so it would be awesome if you would share them with me. Would save me some time to know i have it right the first time.

Thanks
If you want to save time, just order the Heavy Hitch. RealBiker showed a photo above. He makes and sells them, along with many handy accessories.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts