My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Yes, you will have issues with this hitting the frame rails on your HT. You will want the later version made for the HT series not the 1886-01 thru 1886-04.

·
5,525 Posts
3 pt. hitch assembly that was on a Bolens 1886. May fit other HT's but the top link bracket included is for the 1886 style rear end. It is good working order, the eyes on the arms as well as the top link all swivel (eyes on the arms were siezed but have freed them up with Kano Kroil ). No lifting arms . There is some pitting on the arm ends (have tried to show in pics) nothing major and does not impede the units function. Ships lower 48 only and via UPS. Sorry after some inquiries about fitment to large frame Bolens ,I compared listed unit to one off my HT20 (see new pics) OBVIOUSLY big difference, I'd like to think I knew this sorry........ anyways it is off an 1886-01 ( pull out choke & throttle, no oil filter and the wide arched seat spring) I put it on my later 1886 ( slide throttle & choke, spin on oil filter, and seat mounting mechanism that is on my HT20 ,smaller arched spring and slots in fender pan for back & forth adj.) and it fits as well. If it uses the same lifting arms as blade or blower (one in new pics) then I have a set . Thanks for looking . Have been informed by several Bolens in-the-know people this set up is for the 1250 thru the 1886-04 . Looking and trying on my tractors the HT18 ,20 & 23 frame rails extend past the rear end mounting and interfere with the mounting and movements, also I am told this is the case for the 1886-05 &06 as well . If the arms now shown are right for lifting the hitch the length are for 1886-HT23 front implements .Thanks to all that sent info to correct my listing .

Weres he been geting his info? :thThumbsU

The one he has for sale will fit from the 1250-01 to the 1886-04

·
Deceased Member
2,027 Posts
Originally he said it was for the HTs, but then revised it.

I'm thinking that he just made an 'honest mistake", since it currently says

"...Have been informed by several Bolens in-the-know people this set up is for the 1250 thru the 1886-04 ... "

He probably shoud revise the auction title, if that's possible.

ETA:

Won't be any need for him to revise the title.
As soon as the wife gets here clothes changed, I'm off to pick it up :dancingpa

·
Registered
53 Posts
Does any one know who has this listed? He also has a couple of starters for an Ht I would like but I am canadian and it wou't let me ask if he can ship to a ups store? If anyone could help it would be appreciated.

·
Deceased Member
2,027 Posts
That's because I just brought it home :bannana::bannana::bannana:

I messaged him on eBay earlier today and made a offer for it, Cash-in-hand, today. He accepted, and I was off on a road trip. :D:D

Danged nice guy. Has a REAL nice HT23 in the garage, and an HT20 that he's rebuilding that is going to be extra,extra nice. He does good work.I messaged him on eBay earlier today. He has an H14, and an 1886-01 that he will be rebuilding as well.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats, great score! :thThumbsU

Now, if I could only find one for my HT...

·
Deceased Member
2,027 Posts
Does any one know who has this listed? He also has a couple of starters for an Ht I would like but I am canadian and it wou't let me ask if he can ship to a ups store? If anyone could help it would be appreciated.
Kevin just sent me an email thanking me for doing business with him, and with a link to a photo album of his "herd" of Bolens.

I emailed him back and let him know your dilemma. I also gave him the link to this thread.

Maybe he will contact you here via PM or email.

I gotta say, he's one of the easiest persons to deal with on a sale that you will find, and if anything, gives you more than what he advertises.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.