My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the Harbor freight quick disconnect and the easy-hitch and they fit find and work well for pulling around the car hauler (when I can keep the front end of the tractor planted!) However, with that system, when I back into the rear blade to mount it for work, the tractor arms are several inches too wide. The rear blade can be installed just fine (sorta) without all the extra hookup stuff but that takes a lot of personal gut power to lift, separate, fit, and generally ruins my back to hookup the rear blade. I got this extra hookup gear just for my bad back (and I mean b-a-d. My L3 is completly shot and it hurts all the time.) Anyway, any ideas on how I can gte everything to connect/disconnect as easily as pie [without lifting and lugging of half the equipment in the process?] Thanks. Or do you need pics? I think I figured out how to do that once so maybe I could do it again.
If it's important, it is on a BX2660.

David

·
Machinery enthusiast
4,257 Posts
Pics would be nice :D

Dave

·
Registered
88 Posts
David,
I have a bx2660 and when I bought a back blade I ran into some of the same problems you are describing. I had to drill one hole in the back blade support to adjust the hight on the top link of the blade.

To adjust for the narrow width of the lower spindles of the blade, I added a couple of washers, then added quick hitch adapters to the blade. I can now just back up to the blade and use the 3 point to lift and engage.

I don't have the ooph to lift the blade either, and the quick hitch has been a lifesaver for me.

These are the adapters I used.

http://agsupplyonline.com/.sc/ms/dd...ter Kit/34690/QUICK HITCH ADAPTER KIT CAT 1-3

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm finding building simply little dollies for my 3pt implements has been a huge back saver. So far just a 4' box blade (300+ lbs) and a pine straw rake (50+ lbs) but makes the job easier if you have level flat concrete/asphalt to store it on for rolling. Hoping for a 50" tiller soon if I can sell my rotohog. :)

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I'm finding building simply little dollies for my 3pt implements has been a huge back saver.
:ditto:
Each of my large implements has one of these under them:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts