My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to buy a grill for my 44 2N and I see there is a difference between the 8N and 2N Grills. The ads say the 8N grill can be modified to fit the 2N. What is the difference between the two and what does it take to modify the 8N grill to fit the2N. Thanks, Del

·
Registered
680 Posts
My 2n grill has studs on the top of it that go into the hood and the bottom two bolts went into the doglegs. if you wanted to remove it you unbolted the two bottom bolts and dropped it out. My 8n has the same two lower bolts but the top of the grill has two spring loaded tabs that you can pull down and fold the grill out from the top . Makes cleaning the radiator easier on the 8n. I think if you drilled the hood holes out to fit the 8n grill it will fit a 2n application. Clear as mud now?

·
Registered
680 Posts
The tabs are to hold the grill when you open it up. it will only open up @45degrees or so and the tabs will hold it in place.
The early Ns had a "dogleg" side panel that didn't have a thru bolt from the outside and they may need to have the tabs removed. the older Ns had the bolt thru the bottom same as the 8N and they should work ok with the tabs. You may just have to try it and see.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts