My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2754GLS i have has an "automatic" choke. The manual describes starting with a manual choke, but doesn't mention the automatic one. Is this just a matter of pushing the throttle full forward to start and backing off after it catches?

On my old Ariens I engaged the mower deck at a fairly slow engine speed figuring it was better for the electric clutch. The manual doesn't mention engine speed for engaging. It seems to make sense to use the same practice of engaging at a slow engine speed with the Husky. Sound reasonable?

Manual does mention running engine at full throttle while using mowing deck. I run a bit lower as full seems too much on full tilt. What's everyone else doing?

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
Since my Craftsman is basically a black Husqvarna, I wonder if my Choke automatically closes. I've never left it on more than a second or so. I typically just move the throttle up enough to clear the choke, pull the choke, hit the key it starts, I push the choke in and let the machine warm up.

I engage my deck at lower RPM and sometimes I mow at much less than full throttle, just depends on how high the grass is and how dry it is.. 26HP isn't needed to cut dry grass to 3" height.

·
Registered
350 Posts
My mower is the 2009 model. The other feature beside the automatic choke is there is no throttle. The mower automatically adjusts according to the height of the grass.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 2754GLS does not have a choke control, lever, or knob. All it has is the throttle control to control to set engine speed. I'm just not sure how the choke, if is there is one, engages to start the engine. Does it work in conjunction with where the throttle lever is set or does it work independently of the where the throttle is set?

·
Registered
1 Posts
The 2754GLS i have has an "automatic" choke. The manual describes starting with a manual choke, but doesn't mention the automatic one. Is this just a matter of pushing the throttle full forward to start and backing off after it catches?

On my old Ariens I engaged the mower deck at a fairly slow engine speed figuring it was better for the electric clutch. The manual doesn't mention engine speed for engaging. It seems to make sense to use the same practice of engaging at a slow engine speed with the Husky. Sound reasonable?

Manual does mention running engine at full throttle while using mowing deck. I run a bit lower as full seems too much on full tilt. What's everyone else doing?
I have the 2009 2748gls.

The choke control is automatic when you start the B/S engine,leave the throttle to fast(rabbit icon) and leave it there.You control the speed with the hydrostatic pedal.
Engage the mower deck at full throttle as it has an electric clutch.The speed of the engine has no affect on the clutch.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The 2748GLS will be my next mower. Have read all the reviews/forum entries & this mower is best for my needs.

How does the tranny hold up. It is rated as ground engaging & can handle all kinds of attachments? Have you had any problems? How is the traction with those "huge" rear tires? Also, is the cut even & strong.

I was going to get the Sears "Monster" until I read about it here. It's does not have the beefed up tranny, just the K-46 & not the K-66 like the Husky has.
Any feedback will be very helpful!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts