My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After about 50 hours on the machine the digital hour-meter has reset itself to zero and after mowing today I have 0.7 hours on it. I'm going to ask the dealer about this, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had a problem with the hour-meter resetting or other issues with it.

I guess I could hook it up to 12 volts for 50 hours to get it back to about where it was :fing20:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Mine jumped from 329 hours to 8,777 hours for a couple of years, now it's back to 347 -

I actually turned 9,999 hours. Talk about quality.....:)

You're probably better off just replacing it. Better yet, just figure out how many hours you run it per week and then figure an average.

You shouldn't need to hook it up, just leave the key in the on position.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went to the dealer yesterday and getting it replaced under warranty. He said he's never seen one fail, so maybe it doesn't happen often.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well mine was installed backward and was not working properly, so I had it repaired under warranty and now it reads over 4,000 hours after only 2 seasons. As much as I like using my tractor no way I have over 4,000 hours on it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the dealer got one in and it was the wrong one. Evidently there are two different model series of the 2754GLS and he happened to have picked the incorrect one that had a different connection on the back. No biggie as he could get the correct one in a couple of days.

Well the one came in that had the right connector, but rather than the black face surrounding the digital display this one is white. Grr.... doesn't match the ammeter with it's black face. Evidently this is what Husky stocks now, the black face is apparently no longer available.

It looked sucky enough that I bought a black faced replacement hour meter from Northern Tool. Cost me about $30 with shipping and the wiring needed changed to spade connectors, but now it looks better. This one is "analog" so the hours can be read even with the power off.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200246424_200246424

·
mt.stalker
17 Posts
The hr.; meter on my 27v54 doesn't always come on when i run the tractor . I figure it'll show less hrs, = higher trade/resale . lmao

·
Registered
368 Posts
Ever seen that movie "Christine" ??? Be real good to that mower....

d

1 - 8 of 8 Posts