My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
JD X304 New Owner
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a John Deere 2305 CUT with the 200CX loader and 260 backhoe. I was asking my dealer if it was possible to get "standard" control on the 260... meaning getting the same control I would use if I rented an excavator.

I don't want to start learning to use this thing and being unable to operate a standard excavator later if I need to.

So I'd like to know if it is possible (and reasoneable) to get ISO control? The way I understood is SAE is for tractors and ISO for excavator... right?

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
MTF mile high club member
5,919 Posts
From that other thread, it sounds like they come from the factory with ISO controls; most rental fleets use ISO controls. Why would you want SAE controls? Unless you're used to it from something else, I wouldn't recommend changing it.

Are you just looking for an easier way besides swapping the valves in the stack?

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
The only things really different are which stick controls the boom vs stick. Transitioning isn't hard, and if you rent an excavator made since the 90s they have a switch to select ISO vs SAE. I've run both and it's not hard to get used to the other method, working on rental equipment I had to know and demonstrate both styles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My only point is that when you have used one style your entire life, and buy a tractor that has a backhoe, you want them to be the same as what your used to. Wouldn't it be kind like using a right handed fishing reel and be given a left handed one and having people just say " Transitioning isn't hard". Thats not the point. I want it the way that I am used to and if a company makes something, they should offer ambidextrous controls instead of just saying.. (paraphrasing) "learn the other way, its not that hard".. btw.. fishing reels can be swapped to support left and right handed users.

someone has got to have some experience in doing this.

·
Registered
152 Posts
1. check and see it there is a switch like the big boys have?
or
2. flip the hoses. if your the only operator this is your best bet

1 - 8 of 8 Posts