My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, my oil pressure idiot light has begun to flicker. I suspect a loose connection or a weak switch. I scanned the parts schematics and the oil pressure switch, although listed in the parts list, is not shown on the drawing. I've looked all over the engine and cannot locate the switch. In addition I've called 5 different dealers and spoke to their service departments and none of them can tell me where it is. Can anyone point me to the switch location? A picture would be great :)

·
Super Moderator
9,368 Posts
Hi JWSHOME and
to My Tractor Forum most oil pressure sensors that I have seen are usually at the base of the oil filter....do you see a fitting with a wire coming out of it at that point?...You could try tracing the wire back from behind the gauge also

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi JWSHOME and View attachment 2453636 to My Tractor Forum most oil pressure sensors that I have seen are usually at the base of the oil filter....do you see a fitting with a wire coming out of it at that point?...You could try tracing the wire back from behind the gauge also
Thanks Mark for the quick reply. I've searched all around the oil filter base and don't see it, as I agree that is where it normally would be. This tractor has a cab so finding the wire at the panel would be tough without some dash disassembly. There are several wire bundles (in plastic conduit) coming through the firewall but impossible to determine which might have the oil pressure switch wire inside. I'm going to give it one more deep search tomorrow and I'll update the post with a picture if I manage to find it.

·
Administrator
17,647 Posts
Know your doing due diligence on trying to find wire. Perhaps, if you haven't already done so, you can see enough of the wire at the gauge to discern the color code. Look for same at major connections (plugs) on other side of firewall. That may get you in the area. You are not alone in dealing with Mahindra wiring problems and the lack of readable or for that matter any type of diagrams as witnessed here in this two yr ongoing thread. Manuals- Service, owners, etc (If you need diagrams)
There is this for a 4540. Know not the same but gives some idea of their thinking... (maybe)
The oil pressure is a switch located near the oil filter housing on the engine block(right side sitting in the seat, sorry no pic of that
Good luck in your search and hopefully you will find the problem.
MikeC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts