My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Another 25XX busted hood??

Is your tractor under warranty? There have been a few on here recently who have experienced the same thing, myself included (2544). I had just purchased mine, so I didn't try fix it.

Have you heard of a product called J.B. Weld? It's an epoxy that I've used on plastics before and it's worked good in the past. I don't know about on these hoods though.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
If the tractor is still in warranty you are covered - I just had mine paid for under warranty and I am going to install it myself. They are replacing them on a pretty regular basis and this is something that every Cub dealer is aware of.

If not, I would write Cub and ask them for consideration under their Goodwill policy. I do not know of anyone that had asked about this, but hopefully someone will come along here with their experience, yea or nay. At any rate, it's worth a try.

If they are not extending Goodwill on this, I would certainly try a plastic to metal epoxy. If you have inserts, epoxy the insert back into the hood, if not epoxy 1/4" studs into the hood and add nylock nuts. I put studs on mine and it is MUCH easier to R&R that way.

Good Luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.