My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
With the rear being the solid mounted diff would not it help to increase the rear stance of the tractor. If you have enough rear weight to compensate for the load in the bucket your rear axle would be the part that gives you stability. What i mean is if you dont have loaded tires or a ballast box when you max out your loader the first thing that happens is you lift a rear wheel. If you can keep the rear wheels on the ground then you shouldnt have a ballance problem. I would be concerned with creating extra stress on the front end by making it wider.

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
996 I was just pointing out what would help instead of putting more stress on the front end joints. Putting spacers in cannot be all that good for the front. Old tractors did have adjustable fronts but it didnt space the front wheels out away from the bearings and spindles.. Sorry for making it look like i was headed somewhere else with it. Guess i didnt complete my thought very well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.