My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Any body use or have purchsed the front wheel spacers for a 2520? What ya think. I am bound and determined to make the front of mine more stable.

This is just my opinion - spacers in the front should be the last resort -after the rears have been set to the widest setting (valve stem inside), and loaded with liguid of your choice.
By increasing the footprint of the front tires farther away from each other, you reduce the maxium load capacities - creating more stress on the axles the farther spaced they are from each other. Just a thought, sounds likes its your last resort and you did the rest.

Let us know of any updates or part numbers if your successful in finding spacers.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Installed the John Deere front wheel spacers today. You need two men and a midget to do it. The John Deere part number is LVU12475 for the spacers and LVU13274 for the longer lug bolts. It puts the wheels out an additional inch on each side. Did make a differance, and there is a notable differance in the look of the wheel spaceing. Now the tires run closer to the tread bite of the rears. My next step will be to add wheel wieghts or fluid to the rear to see if that will help any better than the concrete weight box on the rear right now.

Could you post some pictures? I mean of the two men and a midget - :) LOL

j/k I would like to see it from the front, when you can...its good to know its possible and a spacer exists. I think the fluid will give you more stability then the wheel weights or 3pt ballast box

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Good to hear with the success - the only negative in loading the rears is if you get a puncture. Taking into account that Rimguard is used, the rest is all positive and will only add (and not take away) to the overall stability. Being cost effective is its biggest draw (using Rimguard)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.