My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up a used 2007 2520 with 84 hours on the clock for a very good price. Also picked up one heck of a front blade. This thing is a beast. It's an older model 70 blade that was used on the 4110 series. Made a bracket to mount to the 2520. Like I said, what a beast. I'll put up pics maybe this evening.
So, I took the I-match off of my 2305 and put on the 2520. But, the 3ph lift arms now hit the tires. Can't have this. Can I get a wheel spacer to push the rear tires out about a 1/2" or so. Tires are the R4's. Can't use the I-match the way it is. Or, is there another option.

Greg

·
9K+ Poster
12,161 Posts
Greg,

There are different 3PH arms made for this tractor that will get you around this. Not exactly cheap, but a fix. :)

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
Did you buy the used JD from a dealership? Also did you buy the imatch from the same dealer? Did they warn you of this problem? I wonder how this problem slipped past JD on a few units.. I would have upset if i bought it all new and then they told me i had to buy new three point arms to make it all work..

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you buy the used JD from a dealership? Also did you buy the imatch from the same dealer? Did they warn you of this problem? I wonder how this problem slipped past JD on a few units.. I would have upset if i bought it all new and then they told me i had to buy new three point arms to make it all work..
I did not buy from dealer. Bought private.
Got a good deal, so couldn't pass it up. Can
afford to make the update, just need to know
what has to be done.

Greg

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
As noted you need the new arms, you will not believe the clearance and in here somewhere is a thread from me with lots of pictures, I probably have them on this laptop somewhere.

That being said, the attachment that gave me the most grief was the BB, it has a 700 pound rock on it so any play in the arms (turnbuckles not singing tight) the arms would rub.

Having said that, here is an image from my blackberry showing how the buckles should look, have a look at yours to see if it's the same and I will look for these images.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Old Vs New ones

Attachments

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
So I picked up a used 2007 2520 with 84 hours on the clock for a very good price. Also picked up one heck of a front blade. This thing is a beast. It's an older model 70 blade that was used on the 4110 series. Made a bracket to mount to the 2520. Like I said, what a beast. I'll put up pics maybe this evening.
So, I took the I-match off of my 2305 and put on the 2520. But, the 3ph lift arms now hit the tires. Can't have this. Can I get a wheel spacer to push the rear tires out about a 1/2" or so. Tires are the R4's. Can't use the I-match the way it is. Or, is there another option.

Greg
You need to flip the rear tires around (valve stems in) Then install the quick hitch, then using the turnbuckles, center the hitch (left to right) and snug those up so you have just a little side to side play in the hitch. Thats how mine is. BTW, when I traded to the 2008 from my 2006, I got on the dealer about the new style arms, they somehow warranted the old ones for the new style.

Old style

New style

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You need to flip the rear tires around (valve stems in) Then install the quick hitch, then using the turnbuckles, center the hitch (left to right) and snug those up so you have just a little side to side play in the hitch. Thats how mine is. BTW, when I traded to the 2008 from my 2006, I got on the dealer about the new style arms, they somehow warranted the old ones for the new style.

Old style

New style

Yeah, that's what I did and didn't even read this post first.
Inverted the wheels and tightened up the turnbuckles.
It is still pretty close when on a slant, but they are not rubbing now.
I will just have to keep a VERY CLOSE eye on them. The slightest amount
of movement of the turnbuckles will give me interference. If I have to,
I will upgrade to the newer arms, but I will try this first.

Greg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts