My Tractor Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Only Green For Me!
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Really not worried about hitting trees and such. Just a matter of getting use to it. Alot of what I will use it for is wide open space anyway.

Drove over into Indiana to see my mother and just for fun, stopped by the local Tractor Supply here. Well they have a brand spanken shinny new 5 footer for $649! Newest model they have. The 1-2 year old rusty model (but still new) at my local store in Ohio was offered to me at $639. Can't believe the difference in price for only driving 150 miles.

·
1K Posts and climbing
1,677 Posts
Really not worried about hitting trees and such. Just a matter of getting use to it. Alot of what I will use it for is wide open space anyway.

Drove over into Indiana to see my mother and just for fun, stopped by the local Tractor Supply here. Well they have a brand spanken shinny new 5 footer for $649! Newest model they have. The 1-2 year old rusty model (but still new) at my local store in Ohio was offered to me at $639. Can't believe the difference in price for only driving 150 miles.

Did you take one home with you??

·
Only Green For Me!
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Did you take one home with you??
As a matter of fact I did !! Brought it home last night. Does not fit the JD iMatch hitch though, but I will modify that later so it does. Hooked it up a tried it out for just a few passes last night and it worked great. No problem at all for the 2520. Will post a pic tomorrow.:trink39:

Again, this model was $799 where I live and $649 150 miles away.

·
1K Posts and climbing
1,677 Posts
As a matter of fact I did !! Brought it home last night. Does not fit the JD iMatch hitch though, but I will modify that later so it does. Hooked it up a tried it out for just a few passes last night and it worked great. No problem at all for the 2520. Will post a pic tomorrow.:trink39:

That is awesome, well worth the drive!! :)

·
Registered
71 Posts

I was also looking at these mowers and just wondering what the problem with the Imatch fit was and and what it will take to make it fit. Thanks.

Excellent price on the mower.

·
Only Green For Me!
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I was also looking at these mowers and just wondering what the problem with the Imatch fit was and and what it will take to make it fit. Thanks.

Excellent price on the mower.
On the iMatch hitch, the height between the lower pins and upper center pin is 15". On this CountyLine cutter, that height is 21.75". So I need to figure out how to move that upper center pin mount down 6.75". I already have a few ideas, but it has been so friggin hot outside, I don't care to mess with it right now.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts