My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions on the best way to get off my old decals. I used Gumout, a fingernail, teflon scrubber pad and a lot of elbow grease to clean off a small portion of JUST decal adhesive backing. The colored (top) part was already peeled off in that spot.

There has to be an easier way...

I still have a lot of decal that still has the colored (top) part attached and some area that is just the adhesive backing.

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Just use a heat gun. They will peal right off. Are you going to repaint. If so you can use a propane torch. or use your wife's hair dryer.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I won't be painting it, but I'm planning on putting on new decals. The originals are very worn and the top layer is gone on much of it.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I won't be painting it, but I'm planning on putting on new decals. The originals are very worn and the top layer is gone on much of it.
Hair dryer will do the trick very quickly then and won't damage the paint. Loosen one corner and then just peal slowly following the dryer down the length of the decal. I use a heat gun.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
If you have glue residue left after using the heatgun, you might try some Goof-Off cleaner. Try it on a small spot of the paint first for a test ...

:fing32:

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Just use WD40. It will take all the glue right off with no problem. It has a thousand uses and everyone has a can in their shop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts