My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have never used a sprayer before so this is truly a newbie question!
Can a sprayer be used to water plants? I know they use a high pressure pump and I think I need a low pressure, high volume pump. Note* I would also use this as intended...spraying weed kill and ice melt etc.

Basically I want to be able to drive all over my property and water various plants and hanging baskets. I know the other option would be the double 5 gallon bucket holder but I would think you would splash out more water than what got to the plants!

·
Retired MTF Admin
26,556 Posts
Hi all,
I have never used a sprayer before so this is truly a newbie question!
Can a sprayer be used to water plants? I know they use a high pressure pump and I think I need a low pressure, high volume pump. Note* I would also use this as intended...spraying weed kill and ice melt etc.

Basically I want to be able to drive all over my property and water various plants and hanging baskets. I know the other option would be the double 5 gallon bucket holder but I would think you would splash out more water than what got to the plants!
I use my sprayer mainly to spray my fence lines and some insect control.

The spray nozzle at the end of the wand can be removed but the volume of water will be low..Good for hanging plants..:fing32:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
100 psi (2.1 gpm open flow) SHURflo® diaphragm-type pump is designed for commercial applications and can be run dry without damage

I guess if you just remove the tip, you would get the full 2.1 gpm flow?
That seems fine I would think...

·
Registered
431 Posts
Hey brian, i have the bucket holder and bought some lids for them at homedepot, works just fine when i water plants or garden if you dont wont to spend money on a sprayer.

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts

LOOOOOVE my sprayer! This is probably the second best implement in the world! (First would be a Front End Loader) :) I've already used it to spray Ortho Ground Control and Ortho Weed-B-Gone and I plan on using it with Ice Melt and Fertilizer. The only thing you need to make sure you do is flush it good when you switch up chemicals.

I went for the version with a broadcast wand. I can spray the entire yard (2.75 acres) in roughly 15 minutes and one tank full.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts