My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 ?. #1 does anyone know the bolt pattern of the 5 lug hub.

#2 is there a way (that is pratical) to fit wider tires/wheels on the
on the front.

·
Still plays with tractors
2,285 Posts
By "know the bolt pattern" do you mean the size of the bolt circle?

For wider wheels on the front, most any 12" rear garden tractor wheel will bolt up to the front hubs. My brother ran the rear wheels from a Craftsman for years on the front of his PK. If you have something like that, give it a try.

·
Electrician
937 Posts
Not sure of this but wouldn't a wider tire rub against the steering linkage arm? The standard narrow tires comes real close when you steer all the way to the left.

·
2,285 Posts
Not sure of this but wouldn't a wider tire rub against the steering linkage arm? The standard narrow tires comes real close when you steer all the way to the left.
I don't recall my brother having that problem. He ran them for years and never said anything. It may depend on the tire that is mounted on the rim. If it's wider than what's supposed to be on there, it will rub. I tried it once and a temporary fix until I got my tire patched and I didn't have any problems. May have been a little rub but nothing to write home about.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I have 12" Wheel Horse rims with Ags on the front for shows. Gives it the 4WD look. I mounted them "inside out" and they don't rub. Mounting them normally they would rub all over.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks everyone for the front tire/wheel input. Yes I did mean the bolt hole circle diameter on the 24" wheels.. Sorry for the confusion.

·
2,285 Posts
I believe the bolt circle is 4 1/2" diameter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts