My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Runs over toys & destroys
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I'm in the process of restoring a John Deere 240 and I ran across these tires:

Anybody know anything about these? They're actually reasonably priced ($66 each + shipping).

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
Why the free posting?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I put something that looks very similar on my WH called All-Trails except they are nominal 25's. Better traction than turf's, not as good as ag's. Once the mud builds up in the pockets and tread they are not much better than turfs.

·
JD RULES
1,026 Posts
Tread is similar to HDAP's , what ply are they ??? That is a good price ...

Later,x595

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,642 Posts
Tread is similar to HDAP's , what ply are they ??? That is a good price ...

Later,x595
That's what I was thinking, look a lot like All-Trails or HDAP's. Sidewall of the tire says 4 ply rating. 14 psi max.

Muffduster, you gonna use those wheels on the 240 also, painted yellow?:ROF

·
JD RULES
1,026 Posts
Sidewall of the tire says 4 ply rating. 14 psi max.
I could'nt quite make out the ply , even with my glasses , I was able to read most everything else ... Hey KHodges , where you been the last week or so have'nt seen you on the forums ???

Later,x595

·
Registered
542 Posts

·
Runs over toys & destroys
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dang that site is cheaper than where I found them on eBay.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
My neighbor just bought these last week for our 3-wheeled utility dump cart. They look pretty good, haven't really put em thru any tests yet tho. We got em for $80/ea. installed.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Not to brag or anything, but I got the Carlisle All Trails last year on clearance for $47 and change each at TSC. You might want to check them out, paid 5 bucks a tire for the tire store to mount. Didnt spring for the balance.

Good luck, they look cool on my JD 275 and the traction is much better.

Steve

1 - 16 of 16 Posts