My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Got Low Range????
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems Husqvarna is real seirous about garden tractors and even has a lt with a locking diff. I have the new 2754GLS but due to weather, have not used it. My Husqvarna has a new 2354GXLS which he will trade me for no loss. The money is not an issue as I was planning on adding 24x12x12 tires to mine and the deck lift so it is a good deal for me. Just not sure why it has a 23 hp Vangard B&S vs the 27 hp Endurance B&S. What say ye all as for as the engines go. I know the V is an ind./commer. engine but have not heard of any problems with the End. B&S. Please help.:praying:
Tony

·
Super Moderator
16,351 Posts
The Vangard are some of Briggs best engines IMHO

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Seems Husqvarna is trying to go after the JD x300 series. Vanguard and locking diff are very nice features to see in a "consumer" grade mower.

·
Got Low Range????
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all replies. IMO Husqvarna is just getting back to being serious with garden tractors. So looking at the 2 GT's (2354GXLS vs 2754GLS) in question, how does the 2 engines/GT's stack up to each other?

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
First of all, the Vanguard is a commercial engine with a proven track record. Endurance is, well I have no idea, but something less.

According to the website, only the 2753 GLS is a GT. The 2354GXLS does not have a ground engaging transmission. Now I thought I read someone questioning the website, and the picture of the 2354GXLS does seem to have 12 inch 5-lug wheels. The description states 20 inch rear tires, which woudl be odd on a 12 inch rim. I am very interested to see the correct specs.

Now give me a Vanguard, diff lock, and ground engaging tranny for under $4k, and I guess I'd think about celebrating diversity and adding a little orange to my shed.

The 2146 XLS gives you the Vanguard and locking diff, but is a lawn tractor.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
First of all, the Vanguard is a commercial engine with a proven track record. Endurance is, well I have no idea, but something less.

According to the website, only the 2753 GLS is a GT. The 2354GXLS does not have a ground engaging transmission. tractor.
It has the same tranny as the 2754GLS... the 2354 is a ground engaging unit... unless Husqvarna and the dealerships I've spoken to are lying.

The only question I have about the 2354GXLS, is whether or not it's more comparable to the X300 or X500. I have a VERY steep slope to mow and still can't decide whether or not to buy the X500 or if the 2354 will handle it for $2k less.

I spoke to a Husqvarna dealership local to me, and they only sell the chainsaws, he said he will not carry or sell you their tractors anymore because he feels the quality severely lacks.

·
Super Moderator
16,351 Posts
Chris is correct The 2354GXLs has the same transmission as the 2754 or 2748GLS tractor. D-Dogg Half the time the Husqvarna website is Not correct. I have seen a 2354GXLS in person sitting Next to a 2754 and they are basicly the same tractor except the 2354 has Arm rests and electric deck lift.

·
Got Low Range????
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Chris is correct The 2354GXLs has the same transmission as the 2754 or 2748GLS tractor. D-Dogg Half the time the Husqvarna website is Not correct. I have seen a 2354GXLS in person sitting Next to a 2754 and they are basicly the same tractor except the 2354 has Arm rests and electric deck lift.
Thanks again for all replies. To add to the above quote, the 2354GXLS also has 24x12x12 rear tires and the the 23 hp Vangard vs the 27 hp Endurance. Now if it just had the lockers. My guess is they will add lockers right after I buy one.:fing20:
Scince torque numbers are not listed, does anyone know how the 2 engines in question match up power wise?
Thanks,

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Thanks for the clarification, sergeant. I was hoping someone who had touched one would weigh in.

Husq certainly isn't doing themselves any favors with their website.

My local dealer says he will special order, but not stock one. Says his customer base wants $2K or less machines. He also said that most people with $3k to spend will buy a Deere or Simplicity.

Knowing all that, back to the original question, IMO, the diff lock is needed on your tsteep slope. You can change tires, add fluid to the tires, or use wheel weights.

Do you really need a GT? If not, I would say the advertised capabilities of the 2146 xls would serve you well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts