My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I've got a 2346 that I'm thinking about getting a snowblower for. I have a driveway that's about 125' by 8' wide with a circle turnaround up by the garage. Any issues with getting a snowblower for it, or would I be better off with a walk behind? Will it handle the blower attachment and do the job? I live in Northern Michigan, and the dealer I bought it from in southwest Michigan (where I used to live) said it would work ok with the small driveway I had there, but he said that tractor really wasn't designed for ground engaging attachments. Any advice? Thanks.

·
Registered
953 Posts
The tractor will do ok if your driveway is relatively flat. Your tractor's motor has enough horsepower to run the smowblower attachment, but the issue is that you don't have a very strong transaxle so hills won't be easy on the tractor.

·
Registered
77 Posts
my two cents is that it sounds like a neat use for the tractor, but probably about can get decent craftsman 2 stage blower for $600

The 179cc* snowblower features a powerful engine and top of the line functions to make your snowy experience, a perfectly pleasant one. With exceptional performance and features, you will finish the job before you know it, giving you plenty of time to enjoy the wintery wonderland. This particular Craftsman® model earned rave reviews from a top-rated consumer magazine.
Click here for brochure
179cc* 4-cycle OHV Craftsman® engine provides more power, longer life, and improved fuel economy - No mixing of gas and oil required
Push-button electric start allows for easy and sure starts in cold temperatures
24 in. clearing width and 21 in. intake height lets you clear more snow with each pass, ideal for medium-to-large paved and gravel driveways and sidewalks
12 in. serrated steel auger and 12 in. impeller breaks up hard-packed snow and discharges heavy wet snow
6 forward and 2 reverse, power-propelled speeds save time and energy, allowing operator to adjust speeds to match need
Remote crank chute control - 180-degree chute rotation to discharge the snow where you want it, without leaving the operators position
13 in. x 4 in. X-Trac tires provide superior traction in snowy conditions
Glide-Tech™ skid shoes eliminate garage rust stains and driveway damage, by sliding along pavers and bricks
Single-hand operation eliminates starts and stops, freeing up a hand for on-the-go adjustments
Mitten-grip starter handles - Easy to grasp and turnover recoil start while wearing gloves
Plow style handles for comfort and control with panel design for convenient shear pin storage
2-year limited warranty backed by Sears Service

·
Super Moderator
16,674 Posts
Your tractor will be Just fine for a snow Blower You Probably Have a K46 or Hydro Gear equivalent But I think it's actually the K46 with auto Diff/lock and a snow blower is Not considered Ground engaging. You can either Go with a OEM which is made By Agri-Fab or a Bercomac(Bercomac is OEM for Husqvarna Implements in Canada) which You have several Choices
http://www.bercomac.com/accessories-7-northeast-snowblower-manual-lift.php?noModeleVehicule=93
http://www.bercomac.com/accessories-32-northeast-snowblower-electric-lift.php?noModeleVehicule=93
http://www.bercomac.com/accessories-31-compact-snowblower-electric-lift.php?noModeleVehicule=125
http://www.bercomac.com/accessories-2-compact-snowblower-manual-lift.php?noModeleVehicule=125
40,44 or 48inch widths with either Electric or Manual lift.
The K46 trans Get a Bad Reputation on this forum and Many others. The reason a K46 will usually fail is from Owner abuse But if Used correctly for snow Removal or Lawn Mowing The K46 and your tractor will be just fine Deere has Used the K46 in there entry level Premium Lines for Years i.e. LT166 thru LT190 Besides using it in there Top two D100 series Models. Tuff-torq Makes 55 different variants of the K46 It is there most widely used sealed Transmission world wide so I would say Have fun snow Blowing with Your Tractor. I do suggest Getting Chains and the rear weight Keg or wheel weights for Your 2346XLS:thThumbsU

·
Registered
953 Posts
He's either got the K46 or the Hydro Gear 0610. My gth2454 came with the 0610. I live in northern MI like the op. I've got a slight hill on my driveway, and that 0610 just did not cut the mustard. Being right near the bay, and with the gulf stream, we get a lot of lake effect snow; and it's generally a wet, heavy snow. Going up inclines blowing through it is hard on a K46 or 0610, especially with all the weight you need to add to get traction. They'll do it, but it's not fun and is rough on them. I upgraded to a G730 (that I got for free), and the difference is night and day.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe it's the K46 transmission. I do have a slight incline on the driveway, so that and the amount of snow we get here concerns me with this tractor. I appreciate the input.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Since I am a fellow Husqvarna owner I think I can give you an accurate response. I have a 2146 XLS with a Berco blower and live in Ontario. We have a ton of lake effect snow and I have a driveway at least 125 feet long. I bought the tractor new in 2009 with the blower, cab, tire chains and weights as well. I have to say it is an amazing setup! I have my garage door opener on the dash so its comfortable and fun. I grab a coffee, start the tractor and open the door and in 20 minutes up to two feet of snow is gone while I am toasty warm. There are a few videos on Youtube if you search "Husqvarna Berco". Make sure you get the electric lift as well as it makes it so easy.

This setup is not cheap as the snow accessories can cost almost as much as the tractor but it sure is one **** of a lot better than a walk behind which I have as well and hasn't started in two years!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts