My Tractor Forum banner

2320 Mowing Deck lift - how high should it come?

12506 Views 20 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  tofriendscreek
I have a question for you fellows with the 2320 and the mowing decks. I have a 54" deck but I assume the 62" would be the same.

On the right front corner of the deck there is a vertical steel plate which, if I understand the book correctly, is called the "upstop". I guess the theory is when you lift the deck if it comes too far this plate hits the bottom of the tractor frame and stops the deck before any damage occurs.

Again, if I understand the book correctly, when your deck is lifted all the way up the "upstop" plate should come to within about 1/16" of the frame. I "think" I understand that's what they are saying.

But mine does not do this - so here's the question. When you guys lift your deck right up as high as the hydraulics will take it - how much room do you see between the bottom of the frame and the top of the "upstop" plate?

I have a feeling my deck was set up way too low by the dealership, which would explain the problems I am having with setting my cutting height.

Any and all thoughts would be appreciated. I'd sure like to know how far other decks go up.
1 - 5 of 21 Posts
I asked this before but you never answered the question. Does you height adjustment knob rotate completely in a 360 or does it stop at each end of travel?
It is supposed to rotate the whole way around. Now that that is out of the way, I believe your deck is seriously out of adjustment as it should be able to be controlled better than you describe. I was under a brand new one and with the way that stepped plate on the adjuster is made it has to work if setup right. Do the setup and adj the stops by the book. You will find that it locks up to the proper height as well as giving plenty of adj. I asked abt the knob because mine has gone goofy and won't completly rotate which according to the service mrg it is supposed to. I always had lots of adj till the knob went funky. If I get a chance tonight I'll try to get you a rough idea how far up the adjustable lift links need to be set, that should at least get you in the ball park to get started.
DO you have the independant lift kit on yours?
Yes it is..
Good luck,

You should have no problems with this as it is pretty simple and the 2320 has lots of clearance to work at things like this..

Let us know haow you did..
1 - 5 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.