My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2320 with 30+ hours on it. I have mowed with it on a couple of occasions with no problems. After completing some scraping and bucket work for a few days, I detached both and went to attach the deck (62d).

The deck would not lift. I detached the deck after my dealer said "bring it in" which is a real time eater (only one mechanic). The independent lift kit was installed, although I can't find a picture of one anywhere. I still only have four connectors for hydraulics.

Mower height control knob is in "install" position.

Only one hose (yellow) is connected which leads directly to the hydraulic piston that pushes the raise/lower armature under the middle of the tractor.
This hasn't changed from day one and worked just fine.

I can see the line getting pressure in both directions when I move the SCV lever (movement). It is not locked.

I have not changed the regen lockout. It worked just fine before, so no need to pull the tire and flip the L shaped bracket.

Small bubble at the top of the transmission window at rear- fluids good.

If I hook up the bucket (200cx), it works just fine. Nothing appears to be blocking the armature to lift the middle arms that raise the deck. I can move it freely. It just seems that the hydraulic piston will not budge. I'm no pro nor genius mechanic either...

Any suggestions & comments I would sincerely appreciate!!
Thanks to this community, I just fixed my old L130 transmission woes!

·
myyyy preciousssss!
402 Posts
Hi evagee,

The indy kit seems to be causing a few problems in general.

I can confirm that only one hose needs to be connected (yellow), there is no return connection and the lowering of the deck is purely by its own weight.

Try connecting into another outlet and see if that makes any difference, as far as I'm aware you could connect into any of the 4 ports - I've tried briefly and it does work.

Your other things you mention look fine, no need to switch regen lockout if its always worked in the past.

the indy lift is turning out to be a bit of a PITA for me, I woudlnt go with it again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the tip. The installer (dealer) only made the hose long enough to attach to the yellow port which is closest. I'll try making some room by detaching one of the brackets holding it up underneath. Off to work for me!

Thanks again!
evagee

·
myyyy preciousssss!
402 Posts
well at least that rules out the possibility that there may be something wrong with your yellow valve.

Looks like there's something up with your hydraulic ram or the connection from the coupler to the ram.

Maybe give the dealer a call and ask if they have any ideas.

·
Registered
178 Posts
hello i read somwere there is a air relief screw on top of cylinder maby air is traped in there.i also have a 62d mmm and dont like the way it oporates, is there a kit that u can lift the mmm with the 3ph ?

·
Collector of many tractors
15,265 Posts
If only one line...What happens when oil leaks past the piston to the other side ??? How can it get out ??? Hydro lock ???

·
Registered
85 Posts
May not be related but I had the same issue last summer.Where the HYDRO hose connects to the cylinder on the lift for the deck you need to take it apart.There is a tiny orifice (washer). Either replace it or clean it and make sure it is not clogged with any trash.That cured my problem. Worked like new.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wonder if it is necessary to bleed the cylinder after removing line to check the area for blockage. I took the spring off and pin out to lower the cylinder. There is a tiny screw assembly on the body of the cylinder. It appears to take a small square bit, as none of my hex's will fit (metric or standard). Kinda in a holding pattern here as I don't want to make things worse.

Much Thanks!!:thanku:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This fits inside a hydraulic hose at a coupling directly at the cylinder lift arm. As you can see, some plastic wrapping didn't get cleared off a part and was left in the line, which eventually made its way into the orifice of the insert where the fluid flows to provide lift to the hydraulic cylinder, thus the $3,000 deck would not lift because of less plastic than it would take to cover a penny. MADE IN CHINA & 35 hours on the tractor (mostly bucket & blade work, which is probably why it didn't rear its head sooner).

All I can say is, you guys rock. Let's hope I can put it all back together!
Thank you, thank you!!:thThumbsU

Attachments

·
myyyy preciousssss!
402 Posts
evagee, thats great it was an easy fix. I may take a look at the same thing on mine to see if something similar could be causing my problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got it back together & it works like a charm. Hope this helps others too.
My sincere thanks to all!

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have a question for you fellows with the 2320 and the mowing decks. I have a 54" deck but I assume the 62" would be the same.

On the right front corner of the deck there is a vertical steel plate which, if I understand the book correctly, is called the "upstop". I guess the theory is when you lift the deck if it comes too far this plate hits the bottom of the tractor frame and stops the deck before any damage occurs.

Here's the question - when you guys lift your deck right up as high as the hydraulics will take it how much room do you see between the bottom of the frame and the top of the "upstop" plate?

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Excellent job troubleshooting and repairing it. Nice to see it was nothing major..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts